Compare Best Card Readers For Charities
Get Your Free Quote Today
2023 Best credit card machines for charities to take donations & payments.
We know how important it is for charities to have a card machine in place to collect payments. Getting set up with a merchant account to accept payments is very simple but the difficulty can lie in the choosing from a range of card reader in the market. How can you ensure your charity picks the right card machine provider or payment processing system for your needs?
What to consider when choosing a card payment machine for charity.
1. Taking payments securely in-store: if you want to accept payments in your charity shop a countertop card machine can offer you a quick, secure method of taking payments from behind the counter. A portable and mobile card machine could also be ideal if you want more flexibility in making payments to your customer. However, for a small charity shop and countertop machine is perfect. Many card payment machine providers provide countertop card machines for charities. Models you may be familiar with are Ingenico, Verifone, and Spire. To get one of these card machines for your charity you will have to sign up with a merchant accounts provider such as Worldpay or Take payments.
2. Online Payments: If you also want to accept online card payments through your website you will need to sign up to an online payment gateway. Most merchant account providers provide this. Easily customisable and easy to add to your website adding an online payment solution to your site is an effective way to drive more sales and donations for your charity cause.
3. Phone, Mail, or Email Payments: We know many people prefer to make donations over the phone. A Virtual Terminal enables charities to accept payments over the phone. Virtual Terminal can usually be added to your online payment gateway. Simply put a Virtual Terminal allows you to use a device connected to the internet to process a transaction once you have collected a person’s card information over the phone, web, via mail, or even in person.
4. Contactless Donation Boxes: Popular since the rise of contactless payments. Setting up a collection box card payment solution is a surefire way to encourage impulse donations. A donation box is simply a standing display unit that can be branded to attract the customer’s attention. It is fitted with a contactless card machine thus allowing givers to simply donate at their whim.
5. Portable Mobile Card Reader: The emergence of mobile card readers from providers such as iZettle, Sumup, and Paypal Here provides solutions that enable your charity to take card machine payments from anywhere. These are ideal if you have staff that may be fundraising on the go. They are really easy to get set up with and enable you to take payments without signing up to a merchant account contract.
Traditionally charity donations would be made in cash. However now the speed and convenience of contactless payments. Charities with contactless payments in place payments solutions in place saw an increase in donation value in the study done by the UK Card Association. Contactless card machines for charities allow attended portable payments to be made as well as unattended indoor and outdoor payments to be made by customers. With all the vast array of payments available from cash to card payments charities need to make sure they offer customers the choice. Android, Apple, and Samsung Pay allow customers to even make payments with their mobile phones. So, with fewer people carrying cash, it is important to have to accept card payments.
How can I get a card machine for my charity?
No matter what your charity needs are or the type of card machine solution you are looking for we can help. Simply fill in our quote form at the top of the page and we will get the ball rolling for you by putting you in touch with the best card machine providers for charities. Get started today!